Sunday, December 28, 2008

Memories

Has anyone ever lived in a moment with intense emotion and remembered the smell associated with that? I find it the most intriguing thing ever. It happens to me all the time and I love being able to relive my happiest and sometimes painfully sad moments.


Its summer in Melbourne now, two years ago, I was here at this time and my sister was visiting, we traveled to Sydney and had the best time. Today when I step out the fresh air with sweltering smell of summer, of a hot scorching sun on tar, on nature, taking away its life, takes me back to that time. I didn't feel this way last year because I was working insane hours, falling in love, coming to terms with it and assimilating into the Ozzie way of life. but its diff now.

I like it.

it envelops me into a sense of safety which maybe false but its reassuring because maybe I didn't savour the moment enough when i was living it. However, now I can recall every detail of that memory. what I wore, what I was feeling and who and what I was thinking about.

No comments: